10 Winning Commercial Real Estate Marketing Strategies
While it can be difficult to put together a winning commercial real estate marketing strategy, following certain techniques can help you create a plan that can get you on the right path. Here are ten methods to assist in creating an engaging marketing strategy.
- Use local advertising. The internet is a vast resource for capturing local leads. Claim your business and enhance your lists on Google, Bing, Yahoo and Yelp. By adding content to your various listings, such as your business address, social media links and hours of operations, you can capture even more leads.
- Do your research. Utilize internet resources to put together lists that include pertinent information for local property owners and leases. Sites like Reonomy can help you organize information by the types of buildings and property contact information. Gather a full list of potential leads with LoopNet Property Records.
- Set strong goals. A winning ingredient in any venture is to have distinct goals. Whether they are complex long-term goals, or simpler, short term goals, write them down. Have a goal that is more realistic, and one that is more out of reach. This way, you are always moving towards something attainable, and always reaching for the seemingly impossible!
- Engage on social media. Most companies have a social media presence. But it’s not all about advertising your latest deals or making company announcements. It’s social media. A lot of people go there to connect, so do it! Build relationships through humor or shared interests and you’ll find connections you could’ve never made otherwise. It’s also important to try various types of marketing strategies. Printing, mailing, design, it all takes money and resources. Try out different advertising sources and see if it’s within your budget, or if you’d be able to get a discount. If this medium generates new leads, you can add it to your long-term marketing strategy.
- Press releases. Show potential clients you mean business with published press releases. You can bring in new leads by advertising the sale of buildings similar to those in a potential lead’s portfolio. Once you have a list of property owners (you can curate this list on Reonomy), you can send out pertinent information to potential clients.
- Get out there. Nothing beats face-to-face and one of the best places to do this are at industry conventions. Checkout places like NAIOP, ICSC and CCIM, or research local conventions in your area while taking into consideration who your target market is.
- Be realistic. Not everything you pursue is a great idea, and some strategies are better than others. Evaluate what’s working for you and what’s not and then adjust. There are still lessons in the failures, and ways to build on your progress even from ideas that didn’t quite stick. Keep workshopping and expanding until you find the strategy that works for you, but don’t let failing stop you from testing out new ideas.
Need some help marketing for commercial real estate? Contact Us for a consultation!